Jonathan Lockwood Huie - Speaker
Author, Speaker, Personal Coach, Lover of Life, and Philosopher of Happiness
"My Intention is Joyful Living for All through Conscious Choice"
Happiness is not about the events of our lives, but about our emotional reactions to those events. Our responses are partly genetic and partly cultural. Over the years, our emotional patterns have become bad habits, but the great news is that those habits can be broken.
You too can learn to break the bad habit of being unhappy.
Jonathan Lockwood Huie is available for speaking engagements locally and nationally - fees negotiable.
Jonathan's standard talk (45 minutes plus questions) is How to Break the Cycle of Self-Inflicted Suffering, in which he describes how fear of the unknown, an instinctive sense of never having enough, and a culturally derived burden of obligation combine to create disappointment and anger. Jonathan describes ways to break this cycle and regain one's happiness, regardless of circumstances. This talk utilizes PowerPoint slides where facilities are available.
Jonathan will also prepare custom talks and interactive workshops, including material such as:
- Breaking the bad habit of being unhappy:
- A sailboat as a metaphor for our lives
- How fear of the unknown causes suffering
- Why we feel the need to hoard
- How traditions and social conformity create needless misery
- The liberating power of forgiveness
- How to feel gratitude for everything
- The #1 secret of great relationships, "I love you just the way you are."
- The Life lessons I learned:
- Behind a Tibetan monastery
- From a New Zealand busboy
- From a cigarette-smoking Guatemalan saint
- From lions and zebras
- How I know we are not alone:
- The deceased grandmother's silverware
- Messages from my father - beyond the grave
- My experience with self-healing
- The light at the end of the tunnel
- Controversial views on society:
- The Golden Rule is often not a virtue - how it promotes conflict
- Religion has no place in government
- Majority rule is a bad idea, and America's founders knew it
- There is no such thing as justified anger
CREDENTIALS: After 30 years as an atheist and self-proclaimed techno-nerd in Silicon Valley, Jonathan Lockwood Huie discovered a personal connection with psychic intuition and intention, healing, the God of his own experience, and access to the wisdom of the ages. Jonathan integrates anthropology, sociology, psychology, and history of religion with his own experiences and with his intuitive access to timeless wisdom. He shares his insights in his book Simply An Inspired Life: Consciously Choosing Unbounded Happiness in Good Times & Bad (co-authored with Mary Anne Radmacher), and in his Daily Inspiration email messages.
You may read more about me
Jonathan Lockwood Huie
I am not a physician or psychologist. Please see a medical professional for all issues of physical and emotional health.
See my Daily Quotes and Insights and sign-up to receive them every day via email.
Simply An Inspired Life: Consciously Choosing Unbounded Happiness in Good Times and Bad - co-authored with Mary Anne Radmacher - is available from Amazon. A simply inspired life is a life of Joyful Living and Unbounded Happiness, achieved through Conscious Attention, Universal Compassion and Unconditional Thanksgiving.
By examining the Eight Points of An Inspired Life that enable "Taking the Helm on Your Life Voyage," this book provides compass and chart for discovering release from emotional pain through stories of self-inflicted suffering, stories of joy, and insights into what makes the difference. A chapter is devoted to the technique of Breaking the Cycle of Self-Inflicted Suffering, one of the practical ways to unlearn the habit of being unhappy.
Today is Your Day to Dance Lightly with Life. It Really Is.
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie